Alright Dragons, if you ate half as much as I did this Thanksgiving, then you know it’s time to get back to work. Also, if you are anything like me, Sundays are meant for football. That means they can be quite sedentary. Normally, I’ll hit the gym around 6am, if I’m lucky. After that, I’m in front of the TV at 8am PST for Fantasy Football Now and I usually don’t move until after the Sunday Night game is over at around 9pm. 13 hours of sitting, food, beer, and football. It’s a wonderful day.
However, it isn’t the healthiest of days. I put together this workout to get me moving and burn some of those calories every Sunday. If you are gluten for punishment, do it during Monday and Thursday Night Football as well.
First, you have to pick a team to root for in each game you watch. Next, do the following:
- Every time your team scores do a pushup for the total score. Ex. They score a TD w/ extra point making their score 14, do 14 pushups.
- Do a squat for the total score every time the opposing team scores.
- Every time your team gets a penalty, do a Burpee for every yard penalized. Must be an “accepted” penalty. Offsetting or declined penalties don’t count….unless you want to. And pray your team isn’t the Raiders.
- Every time the opposing team gets a penalty, do a Sit-up for every yard penalized.
- Hold a plank every other commercial. Should be about 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest.
- At halftime, relax, grab a slice of pizza and refill you beer
#WorkOutNerdOut Dragons! Let me know how you like it!